The votes that were submitted were counted and the motion to replace the retaining wall at Recreation Park was passed by the membership with a vote of 105 Yes votes to 26 No votes. The board is going to work diligently to obtain a contractor to get the wall replaced before the season begins. If you have any questions please feel free to contact a board member.
We are looking for LGE residents to help us in keeping our common areas kept up. We currently have 5 positions open for bid:
1. Cutting grass at Entranceways into LGE (including Annex)
2. Maintaining Bathrooms at Recreation Park
3. Maintaining grounds at Recreation Park
4. Maintaining Sailboat Park
5. Cutting of Private Roads within LGE.
All contracts will run from April 1st thru November 1st. If you believe you can assist us, please feel free to put in a bid. It is our goal to keep the positions within Lake Gaston Estates. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact a board member. All bid forms must be submitted by March 21st.
The bids can be found under the "Documents" section of the website. Or click here.
The 2014 newsletter and dues statement were mailed out this past Saturday. We are also attaching a copy to the site for your convenience. Once again there are 2 votes for your consideration. Please return them to us when you mail back your dues payment for 2014. Should you have any questions please contact a board member. We are looking forward to another great season in 2014.
Voting ballots can be downloaded below:
Because we are constantly having to monitor the forum for people posting under false names or under names of other people in the neighborhood the board has decided to remove that capability from the site until we can come up with a permanent way of verifying those that are using it. Some of the people posting are not posting factual information, nor should this site be used to attack members of the neighborhood.
If you wish to bring something to the attention of the board you have these three options.
1. Talk to the appropriate board member that handles that area. If it is roads talk to the board member who is in charge of roads, etc.
2. If you don't like the answer you received then write a letter to the board and we will address it in writing.
3. Come to the annual meeting and bring your issue up there.
The contact information for all board members is on the website. It is also posted at the pavilion.